Translate

Saturday, August 12, 2023

August 12, 2023

            Hello from us to you, we have just returned from having lunch out with Dave, Claire, Alex, Gabi and Brice. Who is Brice, you asked, he is Gabi’s boyfriend. Lunch was good service was fair. Now that I am back at home, I thought I would try to put a few words together for a short posting, before I go to get a short nap. Then after napping, I will begin the daily Bible reading.

            Speaking of Bible, I learned that Alex’s football games will be on Tuesday’s, which means I should be able to attend all the bible studies this year, as they are on Monday nights.

            Tres and I went for a walk but we cut it short due to another dog and his owner coming down the block. Tres and I turned and headed for home in order to avoid confrontation between the dogs. I did get out and water the flower pots, that is, the ones that were not watered by the sprinkler system.

            I decided to trim the grass in the front yard this morning, but I allowed myself to also mow the front yard. I need to get out later today and mark the sprinkler heads, so I can cut the grass from around them. The grass is taller than a couple of the heads, and that keeps the sprinklers from watering everything. I will try to do this when the yard is in shade.

            Has anyone ever asked you to do two things at one time? I have thought about this and have decided, real people may be able to do two or more things at one time but ole retired people say, “I can’t do two things at one time, but I can do one thing two times!” 

Ole people, what can I say!

Ok, I guess that is it for now, we hope your day is safe, and we hope you are both comfortable and cool!

Nap time for Donnie!

Senior ole retired person who needs a nap, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: