Translate

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

August 8, 2023

            Good morning to most of you all, I exclude that one person, and you know why you are being left out. You mess with the Don and you end up on the short end of the stick. Wow, do I sound like the past president?

            Today I need to go to the eye doctor, actually I don’t see the eye doctor just the technician who does all the tests. I will go to the real eye doctor I think it is next week. I do not like all these test that we do every 6 months.

            I have watered the flowers in pots, the lawn sprinkler has run, and the sprinkler watered most of the pots in the front yard, for me. The back 40 is different, I had to water them. I am not going on a walk with the Tres today.

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside in the heat yesterday afternoon and we discussed several topics. One topic that came up was about our getting ready to move to Texas.

            My favorite wife and I were discussing world events yesterday as we were sitting outside in the heat. It was noted that back in 1978 we were approached and asked if we would consider moving to Hewitt TX, for the opening of a new distribution center of Hardware Wholesalers Inc. As I assume most of you do not know, it had been very hot here that year.

            We were offered the job of distribution center manager of the soon to be new distribution center.     We accepted the offer and we decided to get the news paper from Waco, in an effort to learn about the area before we moved there. There was a point when we came to Waco during the winter months looking for a home to buy. Before a trip down here there had been an ice storm, and there was ice piled up along the runways of the airports.

We did eventually find a home to purchase. It was a new home, and it is the home we are still living in.

            We learned from the newspaper that the Waco area got hot in the summer. Now it was not as hot in 1978 / 1979 as it is this year, but it was hot.

            I may have more boring details about our move to Hewitt Tx in a later post. 

Swap the topic: a couple days ago we were sitting outside in the afternoon when I heard a sound that of a tree limb falling. I popped out of my chair and looked around but I saw nothing. I then assume the limb falling must have been in someone else yard. 

            Today as I was watering the black berry beds, I found the limb hiding behind the #3 berry bed, photo of limb after I had moved it, and where it was hiding.



            We hope you have a good cool day and as always stay safe.

Yankies Share the rain, please!

Senior ole person who needs the get ready to be tested, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!



No comments: