Translate

Saturday, August 19, 2023

August 19, 2023

            Good morning to you, but to the others who may read this, I just say morning. Well, we had another do-nothing day, so I will provide some information about doing nothing.

            First, yesterday:  Tres and I did go for a walk and there was an unusual situation that occurred. We were in the 200 block and were enjoying our walk when I noticed a multicolored cat laying in a dust pile. This cat appeared to be young, and he or she did not move as we were approaching the yard, he or she was in. Normally, Tres is the first to see any animal, then I see where he is looking, and I see the animal. Well, yesterday I saw the cat and he did not see it, the cat lay very still as we approached, and we walked past, Tres did not notice the cat.

            Today as we walked past the same house, the same cat was out there but this time she had four kittens with her. 

            Back to yesterday, I did water the flowers in pots and the black berry beds, and I worked on yesterday’s blog posting. About 10:00 my favorite wife headed to town, and I decided to go and get some drugs. Maybe I should say, I went to the pharmacy to get my prescription. While there I asked about getting the shingles shots. Now my doctor suggested I should get the two shots, but she said that the second dose often causes a person to feel bad for a while. I asked the pharmacist and he said there seems to be more problems with the second shot if it is taken two months after the first, but if taken 3 or 4 months after the first the effects are usually not as bad.  He asked if I want to take the first shot while I was there, and I said no thanks. 

            I got a cup of coffee from the Star coffee place and started for home and that is when Dave called for a ride, so I altered my route and picked him up at work.

            Back at home I had a quick lunch and a short nap then I ventured out front to identify the sprinkler heads that needed some grass removal. I ran each of the systems for 2 minutes and during those runs I placed a flag next to each head. Then I got the string trimmer and trimmed around the areas where the flags were located. I have a photo of a trimmed area, it isn’t very good, but you might get the idea.

            The sprinklers run on Saturday morning so we will see if there is any better distribution of water.

            I did go and sit in the parking area at the high school to get Gabi and Brice. It was 107 degrees, and I had the windows rolled down sitting there in the heat for 30 minutes. There was a slight breeze, and it wasn’t too bad, the sun was behind my vehicle. I got the kids home safe and returned to our homestead, where we sit outside in the heat for about an hour. Time away from the TV is good, for some reason I was relating some ole childhood memories to my favorite wife.

            Speaking of ole memories, in the olden days my best friend was Steve, and he drove a 71 Chevy two door hard top with a hopped up 409 cubic inch motor. I drove a 73 Chevy two door hard top with a stock 409 cubic inch motor. Steves vehicle was set up for drag racing, mine was for street driving. One night I had gone to the movies and had parked my car in the parking lot. After the movie I came out and my car was gone. Steves car was there so I knew he had taken my car, so I got in his car and headed out to get a hamburger. This situation happened a couple times, when Steve wanted to go somewhere that was several miles away, because my ole Chevy was geared for road driving and his was geared for drag racing. Also, his keys worked in my car and mine in his car. Friends who trusted friends!

            I did not clean the office yesterday, maybe I will get to that this weekend. I might attach the trailer to the Fords ole Chevy and take the limbs out to the dump site, that is if I am in the mood to work. I had thought my first wife and I would go to see about getting me some glasses today, but I remembered that Patrick and Karla will be coming up, and we will likely go out to lunch, along with Dave, Claire, Gabi and Alex. 

            Well, I guess that is about it for now, we hope your day is enjoyable, cool and safe

Lunch for the bunch!

Senior ole retired person with nothing to do, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: