Translate

Friday, August 4, 2023

August 4, 2023

            Hello to everyone, and to that one person who has not paid to participate in the reading of these blogs. We know who he is, and we know he has not donated the required $25 gift card, to participate with all the rest of you, “good, happy, doners!

            It has been pointed out to me that I may have made two errors in recent postings. One, I said South Carolina, it was North Carolina, I said the girls little league softball game would be last Monday, I now understand it will be this coming Monday.  

            What have I done today: I have completed the usual, walked the dog before sunrise, water the black berry beds and flowers, had a breakfast sandwich. 

            Now let’s consider yesterday’s events: I had reviewed the grass in the front yard during the process of picking up debris yesterday. I determined that the grass was at different heights in the front yard. Most of the grass was 7 plus inches high, but one area the grass was about 9 plus inches tall. I assume the tallest grass either gets a better watering, or it has a perfect amount of sun and shade.

            In that review of the yard, I noticed that I needed to use the weed eater on some of the blocks that encompass the flower beds. That being said, I did decide to mow the front yard yesterday, even before the front yard was in the shade. The work caused this ole person to be very hot and perspiring, even though it only takes about 20 plus minutes to mow.

            What else did the senior lawn person do yesterday: well, after the bible reading and a short nap, he picked up Dave from work, he was allowed to take his favorite wife out to supper. They tried to go early enough to beat the crowd, even though there is usually a crowd there when they arrive. The food and service was very good.

            Arriving back at home we did sit outside for a while, enjoying no TV, no repeated news, no crap about those who want to be president. Yes, the 104 heat was present as we sat outside but the fans did their jobs.

Senior lawn person!

Senior retired person who says thanks for all the donations, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: