Translate

Monday, August 28, 2023

August 28, 2023

            What’s new they asked? Maybe the question should be. “what’s old”, then I could comment on past events. Past events, let's see, do I have anything that I want to share with you? Maybe I have a photo that could be viewed by some of you. They say a photo is worth 1,000 words, this photo is worth about 16 words.


 
            Tres and Molly laying in the floor, making it almost impossible to walk through the area.  

            Let’s see if there is anything else I could share with the reading public. We had some wind yesterday and I picked up some debris out of the front yard, there will be a photo in a moment, but I also picked up the Poopa-Loopa from the back 40 yesterday. Now I do not have a photo of the Poopa-Loopa, but I have a photo of a piece of the debris.


            The dry and hot weather seems to have reduced the size of the acorns considerably.

            Now I am sure something else happened yesterday but what was it? Oh, I remember now, my favorite wife and I left the homestead, and she went to Wally world while I got gas in the Ford’s ole Chevy. Returning home we sat outside for a while, hoping it would start raining, and then force us to go inside. The wind blew like crazy, and all kinds of stuff was flying around in the air, so we decided to leave the normal sitting area and go to the front porch. 

            Well, the wind, thunder, and lightning were getting worse, so we then proceeded into the house. Tres was with us, and he doesn’t like thunder. After a while it began to rain so not having seen rain for well over 60 days, I decided to take a photo as soon as it started. heck we had no idea how long it might last. 


 
            We did accumulate almost ½ inch of rain, and we are thankful. Yes, we are hoping for and praying for additional rain. Will I need to water the flowerpots today, nope, not all of them, but those under the car port did not get the rain so they will need to be watered. The #2 black berry bed got twice as much water as the other two beds. The #2 bed is next to the shed and the shed roof drains onto the #2 bed, so they got the direct almost ½ inch of rain, and the extra water that came off the roof.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a real nice day and yes, you do need to stay safe!

It rained, and it cooled off!

Senior person who needs to do something but I don’t remember what, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: