Translate

Sunday, August 13, 2023

August 13, 2023

            As you should be able to see, today is the 13th, but it is not Friday the 13th.

            I have nothing planned for the day, we thought we might be watching the Midway girls’ softball team playing today, but they lost to South Carolina yesterday, 4 to 3.

            The Tres and I went for a walk this morning and as we walk, I can’t help but see things. One neighbor must be out of town as there is a carton laying on her porch.

One neighbor hasn’t mowed his yard in several weeks even though he does have a lawn sprinkler system. Now in truth, he was out of town for a couple of those weeks but he has been back for a while now. I am not trying to be critical; it is his lawn and he can do what he wants.

            Another neighbor’s lawn looks really bad, it is almost as if he has given up, maybe he is waiting for the rain to come, if it comes.

            Another neighbor has his pickup truck parked in his front yard, and it not only looks bad, there is an ordinance against it. Also, there is a blue rag laying in the street that appears to have come out of their vehicle. Now this blue rag has been there for more than a week, and I do know that he saw it laying there, because I saw him look at it one day when we were walking.

            I guess I could go on and on about yards, but I will stop. Maybe next time I will comment on the nice yards, there would be fewer comments but they would be more positive!

            I do need to get out and water the flowers in the pots before it gets too hot, so I guess I will stop for now, we wish you a happy and safe Sunday.

We have Nice neighbors!

Senior ole person who had better get going, Don the Ford.      

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: