Translate

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

August 22, 2023

            Hello to one and all, we hope your day is proceeding even better than expected. Not a lot going on here at the Ford homestead, I have walked the dog, or maybe he walked me, I have watered the potted plants, and I have some water being deposited at the trunk of the pecan tree. We only hit 107 yesterday and it may be only 105 today.

            Speaking of 107, when I went to pick up Gabi at school yesterday I found and open parking spot with the sun behind me. I know that one person wants to know why I comment about the sun being behind me, I don’t want the sun shining on me through the wind shield or side glasses. In other words, a little less heat. The parking spot had a sign that stated, “for the midway teacher of the month”. As I looked at it, school hasn’t been open for a month yet, so they can’t have a teacher of the month.

            There was a vehicle next to me and they had the motor running the entire time we sat there, and I was there for 30 minutes. Personally, I try to not let my vehicle idle that long. So, there I sat with the 107 temp, and also the heat from this person’s motor, so I rolled up the windows on that side of the truck to keep their motor heat out. I did have my little battery powered fan with me and that helped.

            There are probably 150 to 200 cars there waiting to pick up kids, and I bet most of them let their motors idle all the time they were there, can we say air pollution?

            Topic swap; I do need to change the air filter in the air conditioner, and maybe check for some ants in the front yard. There are areas in the front yard that need to be mowed, but our yard man is in school, and has football practice after school, yep in the heat!

            Some of the men who were in our recent bible study group, will be getting together for lunch today, yes, I plan to go even though it is a long way into Waco, probably 5 or 6 miles. This will be the last lunch before the next bible study session begins, and one never knows how many will be there. At the first lunch there was 11 men present, and at the second there was 5 or 6. I have no idea how many or who will be there this time.

            Well, I guess I should stop for now and see if I can find something else to do before lunch. We hope you have a good day, please be safe and also pray for rain.

What does rain feel like?

Senior ole person who needs many things, especially rain, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

 

No comments: