Translate

Thursday, August 3, 2023

August 3, 2023

            Good morning to all, I will start by saying there is nothing new for today, the usual events occurred this morning.

            Now I do have a couple photos for this posting, one is of the full moon as the Tres and I were walking.


            I know you say why does he waste time taking photos of the moon, and I say, “Cause I like too!”

            The next photos of a properly folded flag which was given to the family years ago when my favorite wife’s brother passed away.  Francis Owen was Donna’s brother and he served in the marine core for more than 20 years. We just received the flag from family in South Carolina, and we have it displayed here at the Ford homestead. There are some empty cartridges in the case with the flag, we assume these shell casings were used as a salute during his funeral.  Photo to follow.

            Yes, there is a toy marine in front of the flag, and there is a reflection on the glass.

 

            Different topic: I have considered mowing the front yard, as part of it is very tall, and other parts are just a little overgrown. Now if I do mow the front yard, I will set the mower as high is it will go, leaving as much grass as possible to hopefully help keep any moister in the ground.

            Well, I guess I will stop now, we hope you have a very good day, and stay both safe and cool.

Senior retired person who is often tired, so that he is re-tired, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: