Translate

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

August 30, 2023

            How did your day start?

Since you did not answer, I will tell you, how “my” day started. it was a cool morning with a temp of 70 degrees, the Tres and I as usual, went for a walk. As we walked there were dogs on one side of the street barking from their pins, at Tres and I, while on the other side of the street there was a kitten leaning against the back tire of a car, watching Tres and I. The kitten did not seem to be afraid of us even though it stayed close to the tire of the vehicle.

            Tres and I were able to make it to the end of the street and started back down the street. Again, some dogs were barking at us, while other dogs were barking at the barking dogs. The kitten had gotten braver, as it was now sitting about 6 feet away from the vehicle and in the center of the sidewalk. Arriving back home I jumped into the Ford’s ole Chevy and headed off to the Chevy place wanting to get an oil change and air filters.

            The Chevy place was busy and said, I could leave the vehicle there and they might be able to work it in. I had never needed an appointment there in the past, but I had not been there in a year or so, I guess things change.

            Did anything odd happen yesterday? Well, I had left a little early to get Gabi from school, as I wanted to get a good parking place. I found a good parking place and had been there a few minutes, when I was informed that I did not need to pick Gabi up from school, she had other plans. I left the good parking space and headed for home.

            That afternoon about 5:10pm as I had just made my adult drink and placed it next to the chair where I thought I would sit; I received a phone call asking if I could get the Alex from school as the football practice would be over around 5:30. I then put my adult beverage, not even a sip had been taken, in the refrigerator and headed over to the school. It was almost 6:00 when I arrived home and some of the ice had melted in the drink, but I ingested it anyway. Now my first wife had been sitting outside with the Tres while I was picking up and delivering Alex.

            I do have my new glasses on and they are trifocal, that means there are three different areas to view through, top for distance, middle for computer screen, bottom for reading things like the books. They seem to be working as they are supposed to. I have had trifocals in the past so I know how to use them, I just need to get use to having glasses again.             

            Tomorrow, we have someone coming to look at the Ford’s ole electric stove and we have no idea what time he will arrive.

            Well, I guess I will close for now, have a good day, stay safe and pray for rain!

Rain, rain, don’t go away,

Don’t wait to come some other day,

little Donnie don’t need to play!

Senior ole person who needs a cup even if it is homemade, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: