Translate

Monday, August 14, 2023

August 14, 2023

            Well, the day is off to a good start. The Tres and I did go for a short walk and then I decided to go to the star coffee place and get my free cup of coffee. Why was it free you asked, because they like me and once a year, they give me a cup of free coffee.

            This morning I have been able to get the flowerpots watered front and back 40, and I did water the black berry beds. As I understand it, we have gone 58 days without any measurable rain fall. Now that having been said, there is a cold front coming our way, and we have a 20% chance of getting some rain this afternoon. 20% chance means, that 20% of the area has a chance for rain. Our ground is cracking open in the areas where the sprinklers do not cover.

            I have been able to cut up the second limb that has fallen from the tree out back and place it on the Ford’s ole trailer. Photo to follow.


 
            After loading the trailer with the fallen limbs, I went around the yard picking up the smaller debris, aka little pieces of limbs. As I was surveying the back 40, I came upon this small flower blooming. Now this is a bloom from a weed and in an area where there has been no water for 58 days. How do they survive?


            As I was carrying the debris out to the trash can, which is at the curb as today is trash day, I happened to look at the pecans, and decided to provide a photo.


            Now these are good looking pecans, and they are big, but I wonder if there is anything inside of them. With the lack of water, will they have anything inside? We have noticed the few acorns we have seen this year are super small. I assume the heat and lack of rain are why they are so small.

            School starts tomorrow at Midway. Plan for the traffic it will be massive, and I will attempt to retrieve Gabi from school tomorrow afternoon, Alex will be at football practice, so I will not be getting him for a while. 

            Now I am here in the house trying to provide the reading public with a short posting and some photos. I think I will stop for now and see if I can kick back and rest after all this grueling morning work.

            We hope your day is filled with happiness and please be safe in all you do.

Free coffee is good!

Senior ole person who needs a break, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: