Translate

Saturday, August 26, 2023

August 26, 2023

            It is a normal morning here at the Ford homestead, Tres and I have walked, the blackberry beds and flower pots have been watered, and I have had my morning breakfast sandwich. Tres is laying under the desk as usual, and I have little room for my feet. I assume it is his way of knowing where I am at all times. 

            Yesterday was also a normal day, I picked Dave up from work and I got Alex from school. It was 109 while I was waiting on Alex, and yes, I sat there with the motor off and the windows down. As I sat there enjoying the heat and a nice breeze, a dust devil popped up. I could see the dust and leaves blowing in a big circle, kind of like a small tornado, as it came across the parking lot. It went right over my vehicle and the wind was so strong it blew the handicapped sticker out of the truck.

I did do some work yesterday, as I cleaned part of the office. I would say it is half way done. I know what you are thinking, why didn’t he clean the entire office at one time. First off, it is none of your business why I do or do not do something, but being the nice guy that I am, I will attempt to enlighten you all. I am old and I do what I want when I want to, that is unless my favorite wife tells me to do something, then I do it right away! 

            Yesterday my internet supplier was not supplying for a while. The TV, house phone and anything that used wi-fi was off for better than an hour. Luckly I was able to use the TV with an antenna, and the cell phone worked. 

            Even though it was extremely hot yesterday (109), my first wife and I did sit outside for a while, wishing it would rain.

            Alex’s scout troop will be selling popcorn at one of the local stores today, so we will need to drop by and purchase some popcorn. Heck while we are out and about maybe we can get a sandwich for lunch.

            Do you know what an in-law is, if so, do you know what an out-law is?     

In-law, that is a relative by marriage. Out-law, that may be a relative by marriage.

Well, I guess I need to stop for now, we hope you have a safe day with lots of fun.

Are you an In or out law?

Senior ole person who hopes everyone has a good day, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: