Translate

Monday, May 8, 2023

May 8, 2023

            It is Monday again, wow, we made it through another week. I see that you do not want to know what I did yesterday, so here we go, what did the Don do yesterday, by Don the Ford.

Well, Sunday morning I did watch a couple TV preachers deliver their sermons, and I as usual, read from the bible. We had a nice lunch which my present wife prepared for our noon repast, and yes there was some left overs for the evening meal.

After lunch and a short follow up nap, naps after lunch are required, I decided to go out in the back 40 and review the berry beds. We are getting more red berries and will be picking them very soon. As I was reviewing the berry beds, I recalled that I had some limbs that needed to be cut up and put into the trash container. Procuring the necessary tools, I set my sights on the limbs, knowing that I wanted to cut them in small lengths of about one foot long, which make them easier to dispose of in the trash bin. That task completed I put the tools away and decided to pick up the debris and Poopa-Loopa from the back 40, thinking I might get our yard man (Alex) to come over and mow.

There were other items that needed to be removed such as the 100-foot-long garden hose, and dog toys. All that work finished my ole body was dragging, so I call to see if our yard man would come over and mow. He didn’t come as he had other plans. 

At this point in the early afternoon, I decide to rest a few minutes and then maybe I would get on the ole riding mower and mow the back 40. While I was resting, I received a phone call from my sister in Missouri. We talked for a while which fit in with my rest period. Phone conversation and rest period over, I decided to drag my ole body out to the back 40 and attempt to mow.

I was able to get the mower out, checked the tires pressure and oil level, add some gas and then begin mowing. I did get the back 40 mowed, but I did not weed eat, but I might do it today. after putting the ole mower away I re-entered the Ford’s homestead and started writing this blog posting, I am finishing it this morning.

We are supposed to get the final bid on the possible carport today, then we will decide what we want to do. 

My wife and I decided to sit outside yesterday afternoon, and that was when I was reminded that I would be allowed to water the newly planted flowers, along with anything in a flower pot in the front yard. As usual, I was able to complete the task in a fair amount of time and then join my favorite wife sitting on the Ford’s ole swing and enjoy a beverage.

As one should note, the Don had little to do on that nice Sunday. We hope you have an excellent day and as always, be safe!

lawn man Don

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: