Translate

Saturday, May 13, 2023

May 13, 2023

            I could start with good morning, but today I am going to start with, “morning”! it is raining and has been raining through a lot of the night, no I have not ventured forth to the free rain gage to see how much rain we have received, I did not want to get wet. Tres did not want to go out in the back 40 to relieve himself, as water is standing there again. I did let him out through the garage door, the pavement was less wet than the ground out back, he was able to relieve himself.

            I was given a gift yesterday by a friend, it is a Texas umbrella and I have a photo of said gift.

 


            Before anyone asks, I took the photo inside the house because I did not want to go outside and get it wet, I told you it is raining.

I just thought, in the olden days they use to say it was bad luck to open an umbrella in the house, I hope I am not in for bad luck today.

My favorite wife and I had thought about going out to lunch today, to celebrate Mother’s Day a little early. Patrick and Karla are going on a cruise starting today so they will not be here for Mother’s Day, Alex has strep throat, so it looks like Dave, Claire and Gabi will not be going with us for lunch. Wow, a lonely ole couple out at the sandwich shop eating all alone, again!

The weather was nice yesterday afternoon so my first wife and I, along with the friend who gave me the umbrella, sat outside conversing about all things, but mostly family. We did get into a few comments about the bible, and now I need to look a couple things up today to help me better understand. You know, I am not always right.

I have another photo which I took yesterday, and it is of some black berry leaves. The leaves on the berry bush usually are flat, but some are curled up, or curled down on the edge. It only occurs on a few of the bushes. I am wondering if it is due to the large amount of rain we have been getting.  Photo to follow.

            Well, I am needing to get something for my breakfast, I hope we have something to eat, ole people can’t afford a lot of food.

            I hope you all have a good day, stay dry and as always, be safe.

Mother’s Day

Senior retired person who has a new Texas umbrella, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: