Translate

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

May 3, 2023

            It is a bright and shiny morning here in Hewitt Texas, the sun is up and shining and I have already gone to get the morning burrito. Before no one asks, I did not get a real coffee, just a burrito. I knew that the traffic would be bad as it was about 20 minutes after 7:00, everyone was taking kids to school, and some people might have been going to work. The traffic in Hewitt before school starts and when school gets out is said to be, “worse than traffic in Dallas or Huston during rush hour.” I am a believer!

            I am back, the fellow was here to give us a bid for a car port. Would you believe that a car port for the Ford’s ole Chevy would cost more than $ 368.00! Do they think ole people have that kind of money?

Do you have any idea how many aluminum cans my favorite wife would need to pick up, to pay that amount of money? Let me tell you, I would be fixing my own meals here at the homestead because, my first wife would be walking up and down the highways, day and night, looking for cans.

            Our neighbor down the street is getting a bid on a two-car carport from the fellow who gave us the bid, and we are supposed to get a bid from another company. 

            Topic swap: I do plan to get my hair cut today if I can get my ole body out of the house and into the Ford’s ole Chevy, sometime this morning, and it is possible, I might get a cup of real coffee after the haircut, that is if I have any funding left over.

            Photo of the Tres, what do you think he was listening for?


            I do not have any other plans for the day, my present spouse will be going to the grocery store this morning. I guess I will get the Alex from school and maybe Dave from work.

            We hope your day is filled with happiness and some prosperity, please be safe.

More than $368.00

Senior retired person who needs to get all his hair cut today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: