Translate

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

May 30, 2023

 

            Well, we got through the Memorial Day without too many problems or projects. We did fly the flag and think about those we know who were in the military.

I did go out and water all the flowers in the pots, both front yard and back 40.

I did put out some snail killer around the flowers and flower beds. We have many snails and if I can get rid of most of them that will be good. 

I did not put the trash cart out early as they never run before noon. They ran early yesterday, and I still have stinking trash. I guess that will teach me to not put off doing things.

I did pull the van out of the garage and proceeded to sweep the floor, there was various items on the floor from a few leaves to dog hair, and some plain ole dirt. In the process I removed several items from the garage, so I could clean in and around the areas where they sit. It looks better and I have now replaced the items along with the van.

All that work completed, this ole senior person was able to drag my ole body into the Ford’s ole Chevy to go get some gas, and while I was out, I did get a cup of real coffee. Then, I returned to the homestead where I thought I might get to rest for a while.

My favorite wife invited me to go outback in the sun and pick black berries. The invitation was so nice that I could not refuse (and I did want to have supper last night). We harvested berries from all three beds, and afterword’s we both sit down on the benches we use when washing the dog. Tres did not come over to where we were sitting, he may have thought we were going to give him another bath.

While we sat on the benches, I received a call from my sister in Missouri. We had a nice conversation, while I was resting from the extremely labor-intensive harvesting of the berries.

Back in the house I learned that I had no signal on my TV in the office area. I sit the cable box up to reload and it still did not work. I guess I will need to call, the cable people and have them come and fix my unit. I just tried to turn it on again and it works now, I must be a technician.

The above was entered yesterday, if anything follows it will be written today.  

Today, May 30, 2023

Well, I am again at the Ford’s ole computer entering this data. I attempted to turn the TV on and it does not work again. I should say the cable box don’t work, the TV does, but there is no signal from the box.

Note: I usually turn the TV on, and then get tired of hearing it while I am entering data, so I turn the sound off and leave the TV on. Now that it doesn’t work at all, I am irritated. We are paying for something that don’t work.

Topic change: I kind of plan to mow the front yard today, it does need it. Our yard man is getting physicals for football and for the boy scout summer camp today, so if it gets mowed, I will need to do it, using my ole body.

Speaking of ole body, the other day the neighbor’s granddaughter who is probably 6 years old was talking to me through the chain link fence out back. Somehow, she got on her grandpas age, she noted that he was in his 60s. I listened and then I told her that I am 75 years old. She gave me the look, you know, “Wow, you are old”! This little girl likes to talk and she is very smart.

 

            Well, I guess that is it for now we hope all is good for you all today and please stay safe.

TV is a habit.

Senior ole person who has habits, habits make the day for ole people, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: