Translate

Thursday, May 11, 2023

May 11, 2023

            Well, we got a total of 2 inches of rain here yesterday. Now that was an ole Missouri type rain. I did nothing yesterday except get the Alex and Dave from work and school and take them home.

            Now I did take a test yesterday, and I passed it with flying colors, or should I say with a blue color. What type test did the Don take, no one asked, so I will enlighten no one, he took a home covid test. My allergies have been very high and I just felt crummy a couple days so I thought I would take the test. Before you ask, yes, I followed the instructions letter by letter, and I have already said, I passed. 

I get to go with my favorite wife to have lunch today, she and some of her friends are having lunch (I consider them as my friends too) and I get to attend. We will need to take separate vehicles, as I do get to go to the doctor today, after eating lunch. The doctor will look at the scar on my hand from the last surgery. I do not plan on any other surgeries during the next couple months. I want to enjoy this summer with out too many doctors, you know, ole people find it difficult to avoid doctors.

The rain stopped around 4:00 pm yesterday and we are supposed to have a dry day today and then get two or three more days of heavy rain. We hope this rain is getting into lake Waco and other lakes, we need to end the drought. I would like to check the berry beds but I would need to walk in some very wet conditions to get to each bed.  

We also wonder if the contractor will be able to work on the new carport this coming Monday, will it be raining or not, who knows.

Different subject; today May 11th, marks the day that down town Waco was hit by a big F-5 Tornado back in 1953. It destroyed a lot of the down town. For local people, there will be a one-hour documentary with photos and videos about the Tornado, today at 6:00pm, check your TV channels if you are interested.

Well, I hope you have a good day, I hope ole people are nice to you, please be safe in all you do.

Early Lunch

Senior ole retired person who is looking forward to lunch with friends, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: