Translate

Friday, May 5, 2023

May 5, 2023

            Well, before anyone asks, I did get to see about half of one of the Star Wars movies while I was reclining in bed yesternight. It was relaxing and brought on some well-deserved sleep.

            The sleep was interrupted around 11:00pm by a Thunder and heavy rainstorm. The strong wind and rain encouraged me to get out of bed, water was flowing down the street at curb level, the back 40 was standing in water, the rain at times was going sideways. Yep, there is standing water still in the back 40 this morning.

            Tres does not like storms and lightning, so he was staying very close to me, at times almost on top of me. We learned this morning that the Waco airport received an inch of rain in the storm, our free rain gage has 2.25 inches. There was some hail reported in the storms last night, my wife suggested that I call early this morning and schedule the install of the new car port.

            I went out with Tres to get the newspaper this morning and the neighbors sprinkler system was running, after 2.25 inch of rain. I called him, and I think I woke him up, he was surprised about the sprinklers, and had a couple of words that I will not repeat.

            Topic swap: My favorite wife and I decided to go out to the George restaurant yestereve (yes that is a word) and we had a very filling supper. We did not have anything left over to bring home for lunch today. Arriving back at home we sat outside for an hour or so enjoying the nice but hot weather, before the storms would arrive. 

            I got some photos of flowers yesterday before all the rain, and I will share a few of them with you.




 

            What, you think the yellow flower isn’t a flower. Are you attempting to say my present spouse missed a weed, when she was pulling weeds, the other day? You tell her!

            Well, I am going to stop for now, we hope you have a dry day, and please be safe.

Not a flower?

Senior ole person who needs a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: