Translate

Saturday, May 27, 2023

May 27, 2023

            Today is Saturday and we plan to have our yard man, Alex, over to do some work today. The back 40 needs some mowing, while parts of it needs to grow. We have a couple black berry plants that are outside the berry beds, so we may dig them up and put them in pots. The ditch needs the weeds to be cut down, I assume Alex will be able to do about half the ditch as there is water in the middle so getting to the other side is difficult. The main idea here is to get the work done properly and in a safe manner. We want to get the yard man back home safe and sound.

            As I understand it, Alex will be one of the boy scouts who will be putting flags on the graves of veterans this Memorial Day.

            Subject change: for some reason this came to me as I was lying in bed, acting as if I was sleeping, in fact, I was too lazy to get up so my small brain started working. I thought about being fair with others, or treating others as you want to be treated. I think most of my adult life I have tried to not cheat anyone. I remember one time I had an ole pickup for sale and I had set the price $500 more than I really wanted, and that would allow me to come down, still get my price and the other person would feel as if he had gotten a good deal.

            Well, a young man arrived at the Ford homestead in a vehicle which was driven by a lady whom I assumed was his mother. The young man and I looked the vehicle over, we went for a ride in it, and he talked with his mom, then came to me and said he would take it. He did not ask for a reduced price. I then reduced the price by $500 even though he did not ask. He was too young to know how to negotiate over a price, and I was not going to take advantage of the young man. Note: sometime later this young man came and applied for work at DIB.

            Honestly dealing with a bank: Over the years I have used a bank that is located across the street from where I worked. Most of my visits was to the teller machine, and yes, I still use the same bank today. Over the years, on two different occasions when withdrawing my weekly stipend, I received an extra $20.00 bill. On both occasions I took the extra twenty dollars into the bank and told them, “I got too much”. I remember getting a look from the lady, like she was thinking, “what?” She would take my name and the twenty-dollar bill, I can’t remember if she said thanks or not. I do try to be fair in all cases, whether a person or a business.

            Different topic: we still get the newspaper, but I guess not for long. They are changing from a daily delivery, to 3 days a week delivery, and the delivery would be by the post office. Supposedly the paper would then have more in it as it was info from two or three days. They also suggest we can use the online version of the paper. I am sure we will no longer get the so-called newspaper.

            Well, that is all for now, we hope you have a good day and please stay safe.

Be fair all the time.

Senior ole person who tries to be nice and hopes others do too, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: