Translate

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

May 17, 2023

            Good Wednesday morning. I just moved our vehicles out of the driveway and the contractor arrived. He has the welder running and is standing the post that will hold the carport in place. We are supposed to have good weather today and tomorrow, but Friday there may be some bad weather. He hasn’t said when he might be finished. I hope to have a photo tomorrow of any progress that is made.

            More info about this project.             

            Our contractor arrived early Tuesday morning and began working. For the most part he was painting the metal parts so they will be close to the color of our house. I was observing the work being done and I could see he was measuring the driveway and preparing the locations where the post would be anchored into the cement, so I ventured forth to observe in person (the security cameras work well, but in person is better).   

            I am glad that I went out there, as he commented, “why didn’t we go with 12 foot wide instead of 10 foot wide”? I said, “we did agree on 12 foot wide”. He then said his notes indicate 10-foot wide. I pointed out the 10-foot wide, would leave a support post in front of the gate, while 12 foot leaves the gate clear. He then said, “I must have made a mistake”. There was other conversation ending in, he would need to get a couple other pieces of roof support beams.

            I ask, “Is this your first mistake”, he laughed and said, “Nope”. Later that day he went and got the other metal pieces that he needed.

            Change the topic: I did not do much yesterday other than watch the work being done via the security cameras. Now I did take Tres for a short walk, I did get Alex from school, and my favorite wife and I did sit outside for about an hour in the late afternoon, just relaxing. After eating a little supper, I did venture forth to the berry beds where I picked some more berries. As you can see, I was super busy.

            The back yard needs to be mowed but it is still wet, and there are all the pieces of metal laying around, I guess we will wait until the work is done, then attempt a mowing of the back 40. If he gets done Friday, and if it doesn’t rain Friday, I would hope to get our yard man Alex over here and put him to work.

            Alex’s boy scout group are having a fund raiser Saturday night, they will be having a supper and accepting donations, which help reduce the cost of the trip to boy scout summer camp. We will likely donate but not go to the supper as it is downtown Waco.

            I wish I had more to talk about but I don’t, maybe I will go out and see how Ken is doing (Ken is the contractor). We hope you have a nice day, please be nice to ole people and stay safe.

Security cam watcher.

Senior ole person who could use a cup of coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: