Translate

Saturday, May 20, 2023

May 20, 2023

            We are at Saturday again and I have little to tell you. Ken the contractor was not able to come and finish the job yesterday, he might be here today. I found a note that I was going to report to you about the contractor, so if I have already reported this to you, please forgive this ole person.

The other day I was looking at the monitors and did not see the contractor, wondering what was going on, since I couldn't find him anywhere on any monitor, I got up went outside. To my surprise, he was up on top of the carport doing some work, I guess it must be pretty strong. It rained last night, we got over ½ inch of rain, and the almost completed carport is still standing. I guess rain doesn’t damage the unit.

The sun was shining and it was hot yesterday when I was surprised with a call from Dave wanting me to pick him up from work. The Ford’s ole Chevy pickup was parked under the almost complete carport out of the direct sun light. When I got in, it was almost cool inside the truck. So, the almost complete carport protects from the rain and from the sun.

            Yesterday’s work: allow me to tell you what the Don did yesterday, he actually worked! Yep, it is difficult to believe that the Don would do anything, and working, is way out of his league. The Don had decided to get the back yard trimmed and mowed, as it was predicted that we would get rain and possibly some storms Friday afternoon and evening. Trimming with the weed eater is not easy as there is close to 400 feet of fence and house, there are five flower and berry beds, two trees, one shed, one green house, and all that must be trimmed around.

            Then I moved the contractors’ items that are still in the back yard and mowed around that area with the walk behind mower.

My ole body made it through that work and I took about a 20 minutes break with a cup of homemade coffee and cookies. Rest period complete, I got the ole riding mower out and after all the checking of oil, gas, and tire pressure, I began the mowing. Mowing complete and the equipment put away, I started the cleaning of my old body. Using the Wisk Broom, I removed all the grass that was attached to my legs and feet, yes, I took the shoes and socks off. Feeling as if I had a majority of grass and debris off my ole body, and after removing my dirty shirt, I was headed into the house to get a shower, but...

Dave called and needed a ride home. I found a shirt and shoes and went to get him, still no shower. That completed, and arriving back at home I wondered, is anything else going to keep me from a well-deserved shower.

 Shower taken, clean body on the Fords ole recliner, I had about an hour of rest.

Later in the afternoon my favorite wife came home from running around all over town, and we washed the dog. Dog washing over I was then allowed to water the potted plants in the back 40. A short time later a friend arrived and we all sat outside complaining about the heat and no breeze. After talking for a while, I did pick the black berries. My supper was a bowl of ice cream, not bad for and ole person’s day.

I do have a photo of the rain clouds that were attempting to proceed to our area.

            Well, nothing to do yesterday, and even less to do today. We hope you have something to do and please stay safe.

Rest day for me!

Senior ole person who needs a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: