Translate

Thursday, May 25, 2023

May 25, 2023

            Today is the last day of school here in Hewitt. Both kids get out at 12:30 today and I will attempt to get them. Yesterday, as I was sitting in the Ford’s ole Chevy waiting on Alex to get out of school, there was an announcement made in the school. Yes, sitting in the vehicle I can hear the announcements, I think they have outside speakers around the football stadium, and I park close to the stadium.

            The announcement was, “do not bring back packs to school tomorrow, if you do, they will be taken away from you at the door”!  Now I know the kids have already turned in the tablets, they will not have lunch at school, so I assumed they do not need a back pack.

            Alex told me that they were told that someone had made a comment about shooting the school up on the last day, and that is the reason for no back packs.

Topic swap: The back yard needs to be mowed, but it still has some water standing, the ditch needs the weeds to be cut, so we hope our yard man, Alex, will be available this Saturday for a day of hard work. We are supposed to have a few days without rain, so we might be able to get some work done. If the weather stays dry a few days, we will attempt to spread some fertilizer in the back 40.

            It was just a couple months ago when we were talking about the drought, now we are talking about the rain. What would we talk about if we received just the right amount of rain, and the perfect amount of sun light, if the temperature was perfect, I doubt that we would be satisfied. We would find something to complain about. 

            That is all for now, I will not comment on the large number of black berries we were able to harvest yesterday, or that my present spouse and I sat outside for about 1.5 hours yesterday afternoon talking about the fact that there is nothing on TV that we want to watch.

            We hope you have a good Thursday, maybe we will see you out when we are having supper this afternoon, and as always, be nice to at least one person, please be safe.  

The last day!           School that is.

Senior ole person who will attempt to get a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: