Translate

Thursday, May 4, 2023

May 4th, 2023

            May the fourth be with you today, and I hope that the force be with you (aka God). Maybe you will be able to watch one of the Star Wars movies today.

            I did get my haircut yesterday, and I wish I could say that I look younger and smarter, but I just look a little better than before the haircut. I guess ole people don’t look younger or smarter.

            After the haircut, I decided to get a cup of coffee from the star coffee place, but after sitting in line for a few minutes I said, the heck with it and headed for home and a cup of homemade coffee. My homemade coffee was as good as the star coffee.

            I did water the flowers that are in pots yesterday, and we moved a large flower pot that my favorite wife had potted earlier. We put the large pot in the ole red wagon and pulled it around to the front yard were my present wife directed me to place the large pot. I did get to throw away a couple ole pots.

            I did learn a couple things, as I was taking the Alex home yesterday. One, he will be involved in the orchestra next Tuesday evening, it will be their last show for the year. Two, he is doing very good in the weight lifting training for football.  

            My wife and I did get to sit outside for a while yesterday, but it happened that she also got caught up in conversations with a couple passing friends. Yes, I sat there all alone, would you believe, tears falling down my cheek into my adult beverage, I wouldn’t believe it either but it sounds good.

            People have many habits, and often we do not think about the fact that lots of what we do is habitually motivated. Example of one of my habits; after taking a shower I dry off my left arm first then my right, and yes, I do usually dry off the rest of my body too. We eat meals at the same time daily, if we watch the TV news it is the same channel every day.

            I have picked a couple things that I am trying to change and we will see if I can make these changes last for more than a day or two. One of those changes is the time that I head into the bed room after supper. I don’t think it will be easy to change but I will try.

            Your change challenge is: which shoe do you put on first, left or right? Once you have determined left or right, try to make the change for two weeks, I dare you! 

            We are supposed to get rain today, off and on all week, if we do not get rain, I will be forced to turn the sprinklers system on.

            We have several berries that are turning red and thousand’s that are green. I am keeping a close eye on them and will be picking them soon.

 


            Molly the cat goes to the vet today, but she is outside right now, I hope I can find her before time to go.

            Baby birds: we have heard the sounds of baby birds in the bird houses for a while now, and we are now seeing the baby birds out of the house on the ground. Some are not yet ready to fly, we hope the cats and other animals don’t find them. 

            Well, I guess that is it for now, may the force be with you today and please be safe.

Cats dog’s vets

Senior ole person who is trying to break a couple habits, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: