Translate

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

May 24, 2023

            Middle of the week, or maybe it is Wednesday. When one says middle of the week one should first consider when does their week start, then one might be able to determine the middle of the week. I think most people my age, consider the week as Monday through Friday, then Saturday and Sunday are the week end. That was the way it was, for most people who worked 5 days a week, and were off on the weekend. Now days, people don’t work, and 5 days means nothing to them.

            Since I am an ole person I will go with the five day week, and weekends, so in my opinion we are mid-week today.

            Did it rain last night? Yes, we got ¾ inch here at the homestead. When I looked out at the new carport, I noticed that it was mostly dry under the Ford’s ole Chevy, so it appears that the new carport works.

I am glad I mowed the front yard yesterday, it looked nice enough that my favorite wife even said it looked good. Wow, I took that as a positive comment as to my work, and I don’t get many of them.

My first wife and I did fertilize a bunch of the flowers yesterday, and I have decided to fertilize a portion of the back 40. Due to the rain, I will not need to strain my ole body today, as there is too much water in the back 40 for now.

My schedule is still rather odd today, get Gabi at 12:35, get Alex at 4:00, get David if he gets off around 4:00. They have been having a lot of overtime at work lately.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for Midway, and both grandkids get out at noon. 

I am going to stop for now, please stay safe today, and what ever you do, do it the best you can!

Rain = Blackberries!

Senior ole person who still does the best he can, but his best isn’t… Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: