Translate

Monday, May 22, 2023

May 22, 2023

            The weekend is over and I still have very little to do. The contractor is here, and he arrived earlier than usual, heck he was here before 7:00. We had not moved the vehicles out of the driveway yet, so I asked Patrick to move his vehicle, and I moved ours. This allowed Ken to get his truck in the driveway near the carport. He showed me what he had intended to do today, a couple things are for looks, and one thing is to make the carport stronger, we like both.

            Patrick spent the night here, and his wife Karla stayed at her parents’ house. Karla’s mother is ill, and she wanted to be with her.

            I did not do a lot yesterday; I did get on my knees and pull some weeds and grass out of the jasmine bed. It isn’t easy for ole people to get down and back up. Before you ask, yes, I did get my hands dirty. Later in the afternoon, I did go to the ouch beds (aka blackberry beds) to harvest some berries. I did say ouch during the process.

            I really don’t have anything planned for the day, other than get the Alex from school and maybe Dave from work. This is the last week for the kids to be in school, so when school is out, I will have even less to do.

I could mow the front yard, as it does need to be mowed, but that would mean my ole body would be put to the test. Am I strong enough to walk behind that ole mower for 20 minutes, and could I use the string trimmer? Work is rough on ole people.

Topic swap: the last couple days, when I go anywhere in the Ford’s ole Chevy, I have been listening to ole 60’s music and not the news. I get so tired of the same so-called news over and over. I can usually put up with the same topic twice, but when it is repeated time and time again, I get tired and look for music. The olden days music actually makes me feel good.

I guess I will stop for now, if anything interesting happens, I will attempt to provide you with all the info.

Hope your day is very nice, and please stay safe.

Nothing doing!

Senior ole person who needs to go to the boy’s room, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: