Translate

Thursday, May 18, 2023

May 18, 2023

            Ok let us start out with nothing much new here at the Ford’s Homestead. It is 7:00am and the contractor isn’t here yet, but the sun is up and shining.

            Yesterday: nothing much, other than getting Dave from work and Alex from school, school ends next week, and I will have even less to write about. We did go to a viewing yesterday evening, as a neighbor’s sister passed away, I do not like viewing or funerals, even though they are necessary for most families.

            This morning: I took the Ford’s ole Chevy and parked it in the neighbor’s driveway, and on the walk back home as I was in the middle of the street, I decided to get a photo which I am sure you have wanted to see for some time now. It just seemed interesting to me.

            That photo is of 400 Oklahoma avenue in Hewitt Tx, from the corner of the block to the cul-de-sac. I knew you would like it.

            More this morning: I have another photo showing the progress that has been made at the Ford’s Homestead. It seems to me that most of the frame if not all, has been erected. Photo to follow.


            The contractor has arrived this morning and I assume he will be putting the rest of it together. Weather today is said to be sunny and hot, tomorrow the weather should be good in the first half of the day, with some storms later in the day and night. We hope the car port is completed before the next bad weather arrives, and we hope it will survive any bad weather.

            Change of topic: the back yard needs to be mowed, I am hoping he gets done today, removing his equipment, and that will possibly allow me to mow the yard tomorrow, before the bad weather gets here. I need to go to the teller machine today to get our weekly stipend, and since I will be away from the homestead, I may be able to get a cup of real coffee.

            Well, I guess I will quit for now, I want to get a cup of homemade coffee and go outside and watch him work. We hope you have a productive and safe day.

Get-er dun for that one person, “get her done.”

Senior retired person who wants to watch some one work, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: