Translate

Sunday, May 7, 2023

May 7, 2023

            As we review the events of yesterday, we are very thankful that the storms did not come our way.

            Before we get in to the review of yesterday, allow me to tell you about the squirrel that was on the bird feeder just a couple minutes ago. I happened to look at one of the security monitors and this squirrel was on the bird feeder and he was knocking some of the seeds out of the feeder to the ground, then he would go to the ground to eat. The odd part is, the squirrel has to hang on to the post with his back feet, while reaching for one of the three feeders with his front feet. I wish there were less squirrels in the area.

            Back to yesterday’s review. My favorite wife allowed me to take her with me when I drove into Waco to get some adult beverages. Since she rode along with me, I thought it best that I attempt to provide her with a quick lunch at one of the sandwich shops.

            Sandwiches eaten, we entered the Ford’s ole Chevy and started for home, we did not have any other business we wanted or needed to visit. As we drove, we were discussing a couple items that we needed to get but we did not need immediately. There is a store that supposedly sell items cheaper than other stores so I decided to stop and see if they had anything we might want. I was able to get some gas stabilizer at a good price, but my present spouse did not find anything that she needed.

            Heading for home my first wife noted that she wanted to get some flowers for one of the flower beds, and going to the local nursery might be a good idea. When we arrived at the nursery, we were surprised that they were having an event, with free food and drinks. We drove through the parking area but there were no parking spaces. I said, we can’t park so we will leave. We were driving slowly toward the exit when we saw a couple get into a vehicle and leave. Naturally we took that parking space. We were able to see an ole friend who use to work at DIB, I got a big hug! Since we had already eaten, we did not get any free food and my pleasant spouse did get some flowers.

            Arriving at home, we unloaded the flowers and adult beverage from the vehicle and I headed for the Ford’s ole recliner for a needed nap, while my favorite wife proceeded to plant the flowers. The rest of the day was kind of boring until about 5:00pm. I did review the berry beds and we have a few red berries. I did remove a couple large limbs from the yard, which I will need to cut up today.

            About 5:00pm we went outside to enjoy the hot weather when a friend arrived with some food treats. We all found a place to sit and talk when another friend with her grandchild came over. The granddaughter stirred up the conversations. Then a couple more friends arrived and the conversations became even more lively. We all enjoyed visiting but I did miss out on the three stooges.

            And now you know how our day went. We hope you will have an equally enjoyable day today, please be nice to ole people and stay safe.

Friendly conversations!

Senior ole person who is glad we have friends, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: