Translate

Sunday, May 14, 2023

May 14, 2023

Mother’s Day,

            Well, I gave my wife a big hug at the start of Mother’s Day, and Tres started barking and jumping on my back. Now I am not sure whether he was defending my favorite wife, or if he wanted to be hugged. When I finished the hug, Tres was jumping around in the room like he wanted to play. Tres is too big to be jumping around inside the house.

            On a different topic: we did go out for lunch yesterday with a friend to celebrate Mother’s Day, nope we were not accompanied by any family. The lunch was good but my present spouse’s steak was over cooked. They offered to cook another but she did not accept the offer.

            Altered subject: My first wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday, we felt a couple drops of rain as we were sitting on the ole swing, and we proceeded to the front porch. The chairs on the front porch are comfortable, and it did not rain. It was nice to have a different perspective (aka, view of neighborhood) as we enjoyed sitting outside without TV type distractions. Speaking of TV, I did get to watch some of the three stooges TV shows yesterday afternoon.

            Swap theme: It is not yet raining today, at least not here at the homestead, and I did not review the berry beds yesterday, it was just too wet. I might put my boots on and check the beds today, I am sure there are some black berries that will need to be picked. Speaking of rain, a neighbor is heading for the golf coast this morning, pulling a big camping trailer. They are heading into some heavy rain and possible storms. We hope all goes well for them.

            Rich neighbors: we have a neighbor who has purchased a new vehicle. He said he wanted to get it for his wife, as her ole vehicle (a pickup truck) had way too many miles on it. It must be nice to have a job and be able to afford new things, ole people on fixed incomes are stuck with what they have, we get nothing new.

            Getting old; I guess I will need to admit that I am getting old, and when we get old, we can forget things. Now I know most of the reading group do not look at the posting early in the day so yesterday’s late email did not mean anything to them. In truth the email was written and should have been sent early Saturday morning, but it sat there on the Ford’s ole computer all day before I understood that I had not sent it. I wrote it early, and then failed to send it.

            Food topic: no one has asked but I did go get a breakfast burrito for my favorite wife and mother of our kids this morning. What could be better than a burrito for the mother of your kids.

            Well, I guess I will stop for now, we hope you will be nice to your mother, and if she isn’t still with us, just think of the nice things she has done for us. Have a safe day.

Mother’s are good!

Senior ole person who just noticed it is raining again, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: