Translate

Friday, May 26, 2023

May 26, 2023

            Let’s see what happened yesterday. I sat around doing little or nothing most of the day, I did get the kids from school on the last day for this year. Gabi and her boyfriend Brice, were dressed up for the last day of school, he had a suit with a tie on, and she had a pretty dress on. They along with a few friends decided to dress up for the last day, they being dressed up, stood out amongst the other students when leaving the school.

            Well, my schedule today has little in it. I will get Dave from work; I might go into town to see if I can get a desk fan at a reasonable price. I might spread some fertilizer on part of the back 40. Before we sit outside this afternoon, we will likely harvest the black berries. We are at either 5 or 6 quarts harvested so far. Since today is Friday, we expect a few friends might come over and sit outside with us. Our discussions are lively and sometimes interesting, but we never solve any of the world’s problems.

            My Star coffee card is out of funding, so if I want a cup, I have to make it myself.

Allow me to address a different subject: yesterday afternoon my favorite wife and I went to the Geo. Restaurant for our evening repast. As it were, we got the table we like and the young man who served us did a good job. As it happened, we both ordered the same thing we had ordered the last time we were there, and the food was good. When the young man brough the bill I said to him, “if I can guess the exact amount of that bill, is the food free?” He replied, “ok” and he looked at the bill as I told him to the penny what the bill was. He looked surprised and asked, “do you have the same thing every time you come in?” We paid the bill, and we had a good time conversing with the staff.

Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a wonder filled day, and we hope all the wonders are good. Please stay safe and be nice to all the ole people.

Know-it-all Don

Senior ole person who can’t afford real coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: