Translate

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Trimming follow up 09/23/2021

            The trimmers were able to get two thirds of the tree trimming done. They did not do the front trees, asking if it would be ok to return next week and do the front. They want to use a boom and they were going out of state to purchase it, and will return next week to finish the front. We agreed to that proposition. 


                                                                 Before trimming,         

                                                    after trimming! Can you see a difference?

                                                                     Before trimming        

                                                       after trimming! I can see a difference!

            They damaged two cement blocks that were part of the parking area for the riding mower. They picked up most of the limbs but there are some small branches that I will need to remove prior to mowing the back 40. All it all, they did a good job.

            I went out back yesterday afternoon and raked up some of the small branches that are still on the ground, I will need to rake the entire work areas today, so I can mow tomorrow.


            It is difficult to see the small twigs that I will be raking up today, but I do not mow over this type item, as these will help dull the mower blades. All in all, they have done a good job thus far.

            Topic change: What did you just say? You are glad I am changing the topic? Well!

            That comment was very hurtful to this ole senior person. That person was tired of reading about things that have happened here at the homestead.

            Anyway, Tres and I walked this morning and it was very cool along with being dark. During this walk I noticed that both Tres and I had two shadows. No, they were not ghosts, at least I don't think they were. The first shadow was in front of us, as we were walking away from the street light, which obviously the light was behind us. (Why did I explain where the street light was, that one person would never have understood where it was located.) The second shadow was to the left of us, and it was being presented from the light of the moon. Yep, the moon was very bright and we had two shadows.

            The darkness this morning helped me to decide that we will begin walking later in the morning after the sun rises.

Rake not, Mow not!

Senior retired person who is enjoying the cool air each morning, Don the Ford

No comments: