Translate

Monday, September 6, 2021

Sound of Holiday 09/06/2021

            As the Tres and I went for our early morning walk, we noticed the sounds, in the neighborhood. Being a holiday, we assumed most people were staying home and sleeping in. Normally, we would hear the traffic from Hewitt Drive but there was none. We did not see even one vehicle driving on our street. The sounds we heard were birds and bugs like crickets along with air conditioner units. We did see a frog in a driveway. Nice quiet walk! 😊

          Yesterday, my favorite wife forced me, I mean allowed me to place some rocks in one of the flower beds. If you will wait a minute, I will splain, Lucy. The rocks were place where the water falls from the roof and patio cover, in an effort to stop any erosion.

            A friend came by and brought my first wife a flower. Keith is raising and selling these flowers, but he was nice to us ole retired people on a fixed income and gave us the flower. We are trying to find the best place for the flower as it needs lots of sun.

            We were visited by a couple of our good neighbors yesterday afternoon, they looked the patio over, and Cindy checked out the new Flower.

            I worked on getting our credit / debit cards listed on paper. I have tried to get all the necessary information to shut down any or all cards and license, just in case a wallet or billfold is lost again.

            For those readers who are not in the central Texas area, yesterday was the first day in 368 days that Waco hit 100 degrees. We actually hit 101 yesterday, that is hot!

            Later in the afternoon the sky clouded over and the air cooled down a little. I was able to prepare an adult beverage and drag my ole body out to the patio. I was enjoying the cooler air and there was a breeze along with some pop-up storms in the area. I could hear thunder off in the distance. After a short time, my favorite wife who had been preparing our evening meal, was able to get a glass of wine and join me on the patio.

            We did get a little rain, it wasn't heavy, but any rain is appreciated in the summer time. We sat there and enjoyed being together under the roof, as the rain fell off the roof onto the rocks in the flower bed.

            My lovely wife had prepared some outstanding potato soup for our evening meal. This potato soup was excellent, and it was basically Clam Chowder, without the clams. My wonderful wife noted that next time she might include the clams! 😊

Have a safe holiday!

Senior retired person who loves Potato Soup and Clam Chowder, Don the Ford

No comments: