Translate

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

On a fixed income 09/29/2021

            You real people, who are still employed and not on a fixed income, just can't understand how senior retired people, who live on a fixed income, can't purchase all the nice things like you do. Yes, I will attempt to provide info and photos of, "Life without"!

            We needed the rain that we received last night, and we have a little less than ½ inch in our rain gage. I also run the lawn sprinklers yesterday so the lawn might feel a little better now.

            Topic change; yesterday, I destroyed an old small table that my favorite wife has used (with her permission) as a work bench in the back 40. I then sit down and came up with a plan to build a stronger small work bench for the back 40.

            Why do we have a work bench in the back 40, well if you wanted to spray paint something you would want to get it away from the house. When I use any of my saws, such as the chop saw, or the table saw, I take them outside into the yard. The work bench could also come in handy for me, being in the yard. We, being on a fixed income, don't have a shop to work in, so we need a work bench outside.

            Before you ask, we do have enough scrap wood to build this work bench. The scrap wood I will be using is thick and heavy wood from the grand kids ole fort. Yep, I still have some wood from the ole fort. I know this unit will be very heavy so I am considering putting wheels on two of the legs. That would allow me to be able to move the very heavy bench with out attempting to lift it. Can I find the money to purchase two wheels?

            I have my plans for the bench and I have gone over them a couple times, considering how and where I would cut the wood, and how I would put the unit together. I also need some 3-inch screws and some 2.5-inch screws. Wheels and screws, where will I get the money?

            Now back to the topic of the day; being on a fixed income, we don't purchase a lot of new things. Years ago, I made a small movable shelf for my wife to have more room to store her spices. It was just a couple pieces of wood nailed together, but it worked. She removed it from the spices (when you are on a fixed income you can't afford to have a lot of spices) and gave it to me. I decided to paint it white.



            First photo is where I painted the shelf, second photo is it placed in use. It would be nice to not be on a fixed income and be able to have nice store-bought things like you do!

            Topic alteration: I just returned from taking the grand kids to school. I was playing the old 60s channel and there was a song on, "Satisfaction". If you remember the song it says, "I kaint get no satisfaction", did I spell the word kaint right? The word in the song was not can't it was kaint

 

Silly grandpa has fun!

Senior retired person who might get to work on a project today, Don the Ford

No comments: