Translate

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

First time for everything 09/14/2021

            First time for everything,

            Mmh my ears still ring,

            Chug-a-lug chug-a-lug,

            Makes you want to holler hi-de-ho,

            burns your tummy don’t cha know,

            Chug-a-lug Chug-a-lug!

           

            Well, this soon to be well written article, which will be posted on the Don’s blog, has nothing to do with olden days songs. It in part, will hopefully be about Molly the cat.

            This morning the Tres and I were out for our pre-dawn walk. We had ventured to the cul-de-sac and were heading back up the street. To this point, we had not been aware that the Molly had been following us. I feel reasonably sure, that I have commented about one or both of the Ford’s Homestead cats having a tendency to follow me and Tres down the street.

            Tres feels that it is unfair that cats can walk down the street without a lead on, and he is required to have a lead. 

            But to the topic; as Tres and I were heading up the street, the Molly ran up the other side of the street as if she was very excited. Once ahead of us she stopped, and waited for us to catch up. As soon as we had caught up, she took off running again. You got it, she stopped again and waited for us.

            This time when she started running, she was in our yard and she ran to the pecan tree, without slowing down, she went up the pecan tree. This was the first time I had ever seen her climb more than a couple feet above the ground. Heck she was in the tree and I could not see her.

            As the title line states, First time for everything!

            Different topic, we have not heard from the Tree trimming people yet, we understood they would be here Tuesday or Wednesday. I assume (when one ass/u/me, it makes an ass out of you and me) they would call to confirm their visitation, that has not yet happened!

            Not much of anything else going on at the Ford’s homestead.

Be happy, smile!

Senior retired person with a couple small projects to do, Don the Ford

No comments: