Translate

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Memories 09/19/2021

            Memories for me, are something I was focused on, at some point in time. Why was I focused, who knows, it could be for any reason?

            I have an odd memory from my childhood. On Friday my parents would go to the grocery store, the store was named Ruth’s. It was a small store when compared to today’s grocery stores. My dad worked at the Cement Plant and was paid every two weeks. Ruth’s Grocery would sell on credit, so every other Friday Dad would go into the office at the back of the store and cash his pay check and pay his bill. I remember when he was finished cashing the check and paying his bill, the fellow who cashed dad’s check, would give him two packs of chewing gum. Dad liked Dentyne gum, so he would get a pack of Dentyne and a pack of Juicy Fruit gum.  

            I have a couple other memories of the store. The store sold kids books; you know those little books with stories like the three little bears. When we would go past the display which was at the end of an aisle, I would beg for a book. Once in a while I got a book.

            I could not read, so someone had to read to me. I remember that mom found it interesting that I would memorize the entire book, and if when reading to me they would skip a word or miss a page I would tell them, that’s wrong.

            There is another memory where I got in trouble. I was with mom and we were in the aisle where there was fruit and vegetables. I don’t know how old I was, possibly 4 years old, and I saw the grapes, so I just took one and ate it. I told mom the grapes are good, as I reached for another grape. She told me that was stealing! She took me to a store employee and made me tell them what I had done! Heck, that taught me to not steal. 

            Ok, I will attempt to change subjects; I have a recent memory to share. Oh no, another memory from, the Don! This memory is from, yesterday! I did trim and mow the back 40, and I trimmed along the drive way. I had a mask on the entire time I worked. A neighbor asked if I had the virus, I replied no, I have the Rag weed allergy!

            I need to get a cup of coffee so I will leave you for now!

 

Stop reading, enjoy the day!

 

Senior person who will attempt to take a couple naps today, Don the Ford

No comments: