Translate

Sunday, June 20, 2021

What, I missed... 06/20/2021

            Heck, when you are an ole senior retired person on a fixed income, you miss a lot of things. In truth, I did not realize that I had missed out until we had finished picking the black berries, a little after 7:00pm. The berries are still producing but not as many as a few days ago.

            I was able to water the flower beds along the back of the homestead during the time we were at the berry beds. I guess I need to get out back this morning and water the #3 bed before the sun gets too hot.

            What, you want to know what I missed? I was out eating supper with Patrick and Karla, then when we arrived home, they left and went to their own home. That is when we picked the black berries, and I realized, “I had missed the Three Stooges”! 

            Changing sons; David, Claire, Gabi and Alex will be here later today, and yes Alex made it home from Boy Scout Camp yesterday!

            Another subject; the front yard looks very good, but the grass is too tall and needs to be cut again. I mowed it Thursday and it needs it again. A neighbor is on vacation and his yard needs to be mowed. I might get the rider out and see if it will mow their front yard. Speaking of the rider, I checked the gas filter and gas line to the carburetor, they were clear. I then started the mower and rode it around for a while. I did not have any problems. Will it mow the yard or will it stop under a load?

            I need to get the ole ice box ready to be removed, the new refrigerator should be here on Wednesday. I also need to get some wood to use for the shelves on the new rack. As usual, a lot of work for the ole senior retired person!

 

Happy Father’s Day!

 

Senior father who is proud of his sons, Don the Ford

No comments: