Translate

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Good or not so good 06/15/2021

            Was it a good walk or not so good? Tres and I went for an early walk yesterday in an effort to beat the heat. It was a good walk and the temp wasn’t too high, but I was still sweating when we arrived back home. We beat some of the heat, but not all of it!

            I had previously decided to see if I could get the last 2 black berries planted yesterday morning before the sun got too high in the sky. These 2 plants are plants that I have dug up from beds #1 and #2. I did get them out of the pots and into the ground, now I hope they will continue to live. One of the plants did not have much of a root system. 

            By the time I had completed the outside work, I was totally wet from perspiration, so I spent some time in the house allowing the air conditioner to cool me down. I had called the air conditioner people telling them it is making a noise. They wanted to know if the noise was outside or inside the house, I replied both. They said they would get someone out to check it out.

 

After an appropriate amount of time cooling off, I decided to go to the coffee shop for a cup. I didn’t really need the cup of coffee as much as just wanting to get out of the house for a few minutes.

            Coffee in hand I returned to the homestead. My favorite wife was getting ready to leave the homestead with plans to go to several stores. She left me at home alone with my cup of coffee in hand, as I attempted to watch some TV.

            As I sat there in the Ford’s ole recliner, I begin to notice two things. First, the air conditioner was running continually, and secondly the air did not seem to be cool. After about 30 minutes of non-stop running and no cooling, I decided to call the air condition people again. I explained that the unit is not cooling and does not turn off. He asked about the noise and I explained that when the unit stopped cooling the noise inside had stopped but it was still noisy outside. He said they would get a tech to come by, he did not say when.

            I called my first wife who was in town and told her to not hurry home, the air conditioner isn’t working again. Also, I turned off all the lights I could to reduce the heat sources.

            Three hours later the temp has gone up from a nice 76 degrees, to a lovely 80 degrees, inside the house. It is already 95 degrees outside, so the air conditioner people most likely are getting lots of calls.

            Tres and I are in the ole office as I’m writing this portion of the posting, and we do have a window unit that I installed many years ago in the wall, so if it gets unbearably hot, we will activate the window unit. Before anyone asks, the unit will cool the little office area and nothing else.

            The air conditioner guy arrived and we discussed what had happened. It worked all weekend and quit this morning. He checked it out and said it was the same problem as before. He notes that the gas was gone from the unit, and the leak was at the same place that he had repaired, except on the other side of the copper line. The inside temp inside the house rose to 81 degrees today.

            He did get it working again, and there was no charge. He said if it happens again, we might just replace it. I don’t know if that means replace the entire outside unit, or replace parts to the outside unit.

            We washed the Tres after supper, and he like that. After the wash job, we checked the black berry #1, #2, #3, and I applied water to all three beds.

 

            Tuesday morning; Tres and I went for a short walk, about half the normal distance. It is hot and humid so we just cut the distance in half.

            The air conditioner is still working. I have cooled down from the walk, and now I just might make me a cup of coffee and kick back in the Ford’s ole recliner.

 

Stay cool, be happy!

 

Senior retired person who has not adjusted to the heat, Don the Ford

           

No comments: