Translate

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Fertilizer 06/05/2021

            Let’s start with a list of items that I had written yesterday; these items were things I needed or wanted to do. If you make a list either mentally or written down, there will likely be an item that you really don’t what to do. I suggest we should do the item that we don’t want to do, first. If not, we will likely keep putting it off and never get to it.

            I have found over the years, things I don’t want to do, when I do them, usually get done fairly quick, once I get started on them.

            I was able to mark 4 of the five items off my list of things to do yesterday. I changed the oil in the riding mower, I put a new oil filter on the riding mower, I mowed the back 40, and I trimmed all the weeds in the back 40. Before that one person asks, the item I did not mark off the list was, “Getting a bottle of booze”! I guess I can do that any time, if I can get the funding.

            As I was mowing the back 40, I observed the first of what we hope to be many black berries from the #3 berry bed. I should remind that one person, the Ford’s #3 black berry bed has not been put into service as of yet, due to the rainy weather. If we don’t have a #3 bed, then how did I observe the first black berry.

            I can see some questions on your face, so please allow me to attempt to answer them before you ask. I do have a photo and I think it might help me explain this to you.


                                                             

            In the photo one might see a part of the lawn mower deck in the lower right corner of the photo. I was on the mower when I took said photo.

            There are also two of 5 black berries that we hope to someday plant in the #3 bed, sitting just outside the soon to be #3 bed. On one of the plants there is one red berry. We assume the berry materialized due to the excessive fertilization here at the Ford Homestead, you know, “BS”! Yes, we believe the BS has something to do with the first berry presentation.

            We have been getting a big bunch of berries from #1 and #2 beds.

            Subject change; I do like the new battery powered string trimmer, now that I am getting use to using it. There is one thing you should take into consideration if you are considering getting one. It is heavier than the gas-powered unit, and it took me some time getting use to weight and use. All is good now.

            We still do not have the new glass top for the patio table, they told us it arrived and it had a defect so they sent it back and ordered another.

           

Be kind to everyone!

 

Senior retired person who provides all the BS for the Homestead, Don the Ford

No comments: