Translate

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Saving energy 06/24/2021

            For that one person who read the title line, "Saving energy", has nothing to do with electric. The title line has to do with, old people who try to save their energy.

            I was listening to either the radio or TV when someone who was making fun of ole people said, "When an ole person bends down to pick something up from the floor, they look around to see if there is anything else, they need to do while they are down there"!

            Well, you know how I listen to comments, and then evaluate the information to see whether it is correct or just BS. The fellow who was making fun of ole people was actually correct. When I start to do something, I try to evaluate the situation and see if I can save a step or two.

            Example; I went out to bring the recycle bin back in from the street. When I arrived at our recycle bin, I started to bring it back to the house but then I thought, I can save steps if I go get the neighbors recycle bin and put it up first, then when I return to my bin, I can take it off the street. Otherwise I would have walked down our drive, got the bin and taken it back to the house, then walk back down the drive, and then walk to the neighbors. I saved a trip up and down our drive way!

            The neighbor is on vacation and I am keeping an eye on their house. I did learn yesterday from a neighbor lady, that I am a good neighbor. I had told her, I was checking the doors and windows of their house while they are gone, and she said, "You are a good neighbor!" 😊 Wow, I am Good!

            Yes, we got the new refrigerator yesterday. The delivery lady called and asked if she could deliver it earlier than scheduled. I told her she could if she would pay me $25.00 for an early delivery. She could not understand why I wanted money for an early delivery. They got it in safely. They did not take all the tape and plastic sheets off the refrigerator.

            Our son David helped us level the unit. Now we have to wait until it gets cool throughout before we can begin to put items inside. I have a photo but the van was in the garage when the photo was taken, reducing room for a good photo. 


                                                           

            I have some walking sticks that I would be happy to give away. I gave several to a friend who was holing a garage sale for foster dogs. This person sold the walking sticks for .50 cents each. Now I know the walking sticks are just limbs, that I have converted into a walking stick, and selling them for .50 cents was irritating to me. One walking stick would take a couple hours to complete. If they would have sold them for 4 or 5 dollars, I would have been happy.

            My walking sticks, I will not sell for .50 cents, but I will give them away, free! Yep, ole people are odd!


                                                           

            When Tres and I walked yesterday, I forgot to put my ear buds in, so I thought I could not listen to the radio from my cell phone while walking. Then I decided to just use the cell phone speaker, putting the phone in my shirt pocket. It worked but others could hear it also.

 

            Today is Thursday, we can now begin putting items in the new refrigerator, Yay!

 

May your day be blessed with much kindness!

 

Senior retired person who is adjusting a little, to the heat, Don the Ford

No comments: