Translate

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

None and then some 04/27/2021

            Let see, as I am manufacturing this article on Monday afternoon, it is almost supper time as I sit here at the key board preparing and article just for you, only you can see this, and if you believe that, you are way off course.

            Let’s get to it, we don’t need to waste time. Today this ole person took the Tres for a walk.  Possibly, I should change that comment to, Tres took me for a walk. The lead I have fits him somewhat like a harness, and I connect the lead to my belt, so he isn’t pulling on my arm the entire 30 minutes we walk. Yep, I am saying, he pulls me about half way through the walk. On the way back I must use my own energy to walk.

            Completing said walk, I proceeded to the back 40 and acquired the Ford’s ole riding mower. After checking the oil and adding gas, I began the mowing process. Photo of yard.

 


      
        As I was mowing, I decided to see if I could move the ole swing by myself. It was a two-person job, and as usual this ole person did not have any help. “None”. After a few attempts it came to me, if the one side was on wheels, I could lift the other side and move the swing. I got the Ford’s ole wagon and placed it under one side, then I went to the other side and easily moved it. In the photo to follow we see it in the new location.


           

            After moving the swing, I again went back to mowing. There were two earth anchors that were still in the ground. The anchors were used to hold the swing from tipping over when the kids would swing on it. I hit one of them with the mower blades, I now need to get under the mower and see how bad, or if they are damaged.

            This afternoon I picked Alex up from school. When he got into the pickup after school he asked. “Did you have a good day?” Finally, someone concerned about me!

            Back at home; I went out back to remove the earth anchors from the ground and Alex came out to help me. Together we decided to use a lever, since the anchor would not unscrew from the ground. We got a 5-foot piece of pipe, and together we were able using the pipe as a lever, to get the anchor out of the ground. Some!

            Earlier in the day, I had attempted to do some sanding and plaining of some wood. The wind was blowing hard, and it would have blown the sand dust all over the garage. Before you ask, sand dust is dust from sanding, like saw dust is dust from sawing. I put all the tools back up and had tears dripping from my eyes, as I went in and began to read.

            As you can see, there was, “None, and then some”, that is help for an ole person to do his daily chores. Help us ole people even when we say we don’t need the help, we do!

 

May you be a blessing to others!

 

Senior person who got help from his favorite grandson, Don the Ford

No comments: