Translate

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Need an oil change 04/29/2021

            I need to get the oil changed in the Ford’s ole Chevy. I find it odd that I thought I called the local chevy dealer, and yet I get foreign voices. The first recorded female voice had a big accent, and the male voice that I spoke with also had a heavy accent. Anyway, I got an appointment.

            We got ½ inch of needed rain last night! May get more over the next few days.

            Yesterday I got the Fords ole sander out and placed it on the Ford’s ole foldable work bench, which I had brought from the Ford’s ole shed. I began to sand a couple boards and I realized that I needed a new sanding belt.

            I bought this ole sander many years ago, you know, when I could afford to buy things, and I had bought some sanding belts at that time. I decided to put a new belt on the sander, but how do I do that? Had I ever replaced a belt before?

            I started to take the sander apart, knowing that the belt went on from the side. The first screw was rusted and would not unscrew with a screw driver. Being inventive, I procured a pair of pliers and was able to unscrew the first screw. Other screws came out with the screw driver. There were 12 very small screws with washers than needed to be removed. I also had to loosen two bolts, one I could reach with a crescent wrench, the other needed a regular open wrench. I went to the tool box an got an open-end wrench. It did not work, as it was standard and the bolt was metric. 

            I looked through the wrenches and no metric. Now I know I have metric open wrenches, but where are they. I was able to drag my ole body out to the shed and went through the tool box, but no metric open-end wrenches.

            I went back to the garage. I have a small tool box with tools, maybe the metric open-end wrenches are in there. Nope!

            I went back to the large tool box in the garage and looked through the wrenches, no metric. I then began looking through all the drawers on this large tool box, and in the last drawer there were the metric open ended wrenches.

            I loosened the bolt and was then able to raise the sander, (it is adjustable, it can lay flat, be on and angle, or be upright). At that point I was able to get the old belt off and install the new.

            Now I had to put everything back in its place, I need to tighten the bolts and replace the little screws with washers. Why did I say little screws, I dropped a couple little screws, and then I had to look all around in an effort to find them!

            What should have taken a real person maybe 30 minutes to due, took me and hour and thirty minutes to do.

            Too tired to do any sanding I put the sander back in its place and went into the house broken hearted.

May you find your wrench quickly!

 

Senior retired person who is heading for an oil change, not me, the truck, Don the Ford

No comments: