Translate

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Pestering 04/25/2021

            The title word, “Pestering”, was used this morning here in the Ford Homestead. Someone is not a morning person (my favorite wife), when they are reading the so-called newspaper, and their spouse (me) is being attentive, to the paper reader (my favorite wife).

            It can be so hurtful, when the one half rejects the loving kindness, of the other half. (That means she don’t want to be bothered by him) So I staggered off to my solitary confinement room, AKA the Ford’s ole office, and I sit here all alone, delivering these words of hurtfulness to you.

            Now that I think of it, at least I am something! Hay, I am a pest! Not everyone can, or will admit, that they are something of a pest. We all need to be something, and now, this ole retired senior person, who is on a fixed income, and has nothing to do but sit at this ole desk in total solitary isolation, delivering these inspirational messages to you, the reading public, “Is a pest, who pesters his spouse”! Wow, it is good to be something!

            Topic change, yesterday was a nice sunny day. My spouse of more than half a century allowed me to take her and her van to get it washed by the boy scouts. We then went and shopped at the discount store, were we purchased a couple of non-expensive items.

            Leaving the store, we headed for the Homestead. Even with the 2.25 inches of rain from the day before, the front yard was dry enough to allow me to manicure it.

            I then asked for permission to take my first wife’s van to get the oil changed. Permission was granted! Safely returning from the oil change, I did check the oil just to see if it was full and looked clean. “Trust not, and you will be better off”. It is best to be sure they have done the work you paid them to do. 

            I then was able to drag my ole table saw out of the garage and move it into the shade of the front yard. I have an extension cord that allows me to work in the shade. I cut about sixteen pieces of 2x4s, for a possible scrap wood project. I have an idea which has a couple differences in it, so I am not sure how this will turn out. The hard work will be the need to plane the 2x4s, that will cause sore muscles in this ole body, which are not often used.

            If the scrap project comes to fruition, I will of course provide professional quality photos. If it doesn’t materialize, you will not know about the failure.

            Let us proceed to another subject; I have a photo of the person who did not want to be pestered this morning. This person whom we will not name, is scratching the back of a dog who we will not name, as the dog was laying on a foot stool. Photo to follow.

                                               

            I never get my back scratched like that! I don’t see how that could be comfortable for the unnamed dog, laying across the foot stool.   No, I have not tried it!   *&#%^@^*&

 

Follow the instructions in your bible!

 

                                    Senior person in solitary confinement,

                                    with no way to communicate other than this blog,

                                                Don the Ford

No comments: