Translate

Saturday, April 17, 2021

What a day 04/17/2021

            Yep, it has been a day and it aint over yet. Yes I know I used aint and I don't care.

            Before we get to todays adventure, allow me to speak about yesterday. Yesterday I called the city of Hewitt public works department to ask if they were having the limb haul off on Saturday, as it had been raining. The voice mail said, "I am either away from my desk, on the phone, or in a meeting, leave your name and number and I will call you as soon as possible."

            It had been more than an hour and I had not receiving a call. I called again and got the same message, from the same person.

            I then called City Hall and I was told they have nothing to do with the brush haul off, call the public works. I explained that I had called there two times, and they have not answered. I said Thank you and started to hang up, when the voice said, let me give you another number to call.

            I called that number and I got the same message from the same person. 4 calls and no information. They should be glad they work for the local government, if they worked for a real business, well they would not be working.  

            Saturday started with me hooking up the Ford's ole trailer to the Ford's ole Chevy and heading out to the dumpsite. They start taking the limbs and other items at 8:00am, so going at 7:30 might get me in a good spot in line. When I arrived, I was at the end of the line. I took the time to count and there were 40 vehicles ahead of me, and more getting in line behind me.

            The line moved fairly fast as most of the vehicles were pickups and did not have a lot of limbs.

            They unloaded me and I went to my son David's home where we loaded the trailer and the pickup with bags of leaves. Just a guess but I would say 30 bags of leaves. Dave went with me to unload the bags, and we had to unload them not the city employees.

            I returned home unhooked the trailer and my first wife and I headed out to get the truck washed. The boy scout troop that our grandson Alex is in, was having a car wash. It was cold (in the 50s) and the wind was blowing. The scouts did a good job of washing the vehicle. We noticed that none of them, adults or kids, had a mask on.

            My spouse and I decided to go to the Mexican restaurant for lunch. We had not been there for probably a year. The food was ok, but not as good as it use to be.

            Back at the homestead I was sitting at my desk when I heard Tres barking so I looked at the monitor and I saw the neighbor boy and his little sister moving away from the fence kind of quick. I sat there wondering what had happened and then the little girl came back to the fence and threw something over the fence.

            I went outside to see if I could determine what had been thrown, I could not.

            Returning to the ole desk, I looked at the video of what had happened. Yes, I have a recording of everything that happens on all the cameras. I was able to see that the boy held something up to the fence and Tres seemed to be smelling of it then suddenly the boy appeared to poke Tres, and Tres went into and aggressive mode, as the kids ran away.

            I will speak to the grandpa (Steve) and explain what I have seen. I do have the video saved on the computer.

            Now I am entering all this data into the computer so you, the reading public, may have something to do other than look at TV. 

            The three stooges will be on in a little while, and even though I have seen them all before, it is better to watch them, than the so-called news. The three stooges are even better with an adult beverage!

 

Be nice to ole people, we deserve it!

            Well at least some of us do. 😊😐☹

 

Senior Blog master, or Blog user, and at one time, a nice guy, Don the Ford

No comments: