Translate

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Birds 04/13/2021

            Before I get started with this wonderful article, allow me to say, if you are sending my spouse of many years' emails, her emails are not working. She cannot send or receive emails. This has been going on for more than a week. Sorry!

            The other day I was in the back 40 when I heard something bump into my pickup. It wasn't loud but it did get my attention. Looking in the direction of the Ford's ole Chevy I saw a grackle (aka black bird) go under my truck while a hawk was flying above my truck. The hawk was basically flying still (that means flapping his or her wings but not moving).

            Suddenly the grackle flew out from under the Ford's ole truck and headed around the front of our house and the hawk was right behind him. I do not know the outcome of that chase, possibly the grackle is still alive.

 

            On a more cheerful note, I worked on another scrap wood project yesterday. Luckily, I had a couple 2x8s in the scrap wood pile. By the way, the scrap wood pile is reduced to almost nothing left.

            In the recent past the end board (two boards fastened together to make one end board) for the Ford's ole trailer had been damaged. Now I had not used the trailer since the damage occurred so I was not in a hurry to repair said board. I hope to use the trailer this weekend so, I decided to make a new end board. Photos to follow.

 


                                                          

            In the above photo we can see the tool used to shorten the boards. As you may see, it is a Do it Best saw, very expensive as it has a plastic handle. It did cut good and all the time I used it I would remember what dad told me, "Let the tool do the work".


                                                           

            In the above photo you may see the old end board leaning against the trailer, it is black. The new board is brown and laying on the trailer. It fit into the slots at the back of the trailer as expected. You are right, I am a good scrapper!

            I have a couple other projects in mind, one minor and one major, they will cost me money.

 

            When my favorite spouse gets all the items in the garage gone through, properly placed, and or disposed of, I will get a photo of the new rack shelf.

 

Don't get shot, get a shot!

Senior retired person on a fixed income with costly ideas, Don the Ford

No comments: