Translate

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

He's a good boy 04/21/2021

            He is a good boy, were words that I do not remember ever hearing. I guess I was not the good boy, and as such, did not hear those words of praise.

            This morning I used those very words!

            We had ventured out of the house to see if the so-called newspaper had been delivered. By delivered I mean, was it laying on the Ford’s manicured Lawn, it wasn’t. I stood there as the Tres relieved himself on some of the flowers.

            I observed that the sky was clear this morning. We did get down to 37 this morning and that did break the record set 111 years ago. Standing there, my ole body shivering in the frosty air, I noticed a vehicle coming down the street, at a fairly high rate of speed. Yep, it was the fellow who delivers the newspaper. He saw us standing there in the yard, so he stopped. Tres went out to the vehicle. The fellow sitting in the vehicle, carefully handed Tres the newspaper. Tres took the paper and brought it into the house laying it in the CEO’s chair. 

            That is when I said, “He’s a good boy”. Tres gets the news paper each morning, but that was the first time when someone handed him the paper. Maybe if I had gone and got the paper for mom or dad, they would have said to me, “He’s a good boy”.

            Let us switch to flowers. We brought a bunch of our flowers in last evening, and when it warms today, we will need to take them out again. You are correct, there is no rest for the wicked, I mean ole people.

            I have a plan for another black berry garden, and I have an idea for a place to put it. I have enough scrap 4x4x8 posts to make a 16 foot long 3-foot-wide garden. I need to get approval from the CEO as to the location, and then I would need help moving the kids ole swing.

              If I get the approval, I would need to get some potting soil and top soil, which would cost money and being a retired senior on a fixed income, money is difficult to come by.

 

              Hopefully I will find something to do today, this sitting around doing nothing gets old.

 

May you have projects, and funding!

 

Senior sit around and do-nothing person, Don the Ford

           

No comments: