Translate

Saturday, April 3, 2021

I went to town 04/03/2021

            Well, it all started when I was mowing the front yard. As usual, at the beginning of the mowing season, our front yard had many new trees, and they are attempting to take over. These trees are mostly planted by the squirrel population, although the human population also helps plant these trees.

            The squirrels take the acorns and dig a hole and hide the acorn for food later, but they do not find all these hidden acorns, and trees start growing. The human population have a tendency to step on the acorns pushing them into the ground.

            Mowing will knock the top off the new trees but they come back. I usually end up pulling them out of the ground. I have found over the years, that pulling by hand often breaks the baby trees and the root is still there. If I use a plier and get a grip close to the ground, I often get the root.

            I wanted to see if I could get a longer plier which could reduce the amount of bending over to get the baby trees. I bought a set of pliers that are about 18 inches long and they work.


 Now that I have the tool, I have no excuse to not work.

            Speaking of work, it seems as if I will be cutting down the bushes at the back of the house, they are totally dead. That is a lot more work. 

 

Work hard and get tired!

 

Senior retired person who may get tired, Don the Ford

No comments: