Translate

Friday, April 30, 2021

Nothing to write about 04/30/2021

            Today is Friday, and I have nothing to write about. I have tried to think of something that would be interesting to you, or me, but nothing come to mind.

            I thought, maybe I could write about what I did yesterday, I did almost nothing, and it was not interesting. I went to get the oil changed in the Ford’s ole Chevy at the dealership and they took forever. There was an ole gray haired man who said he worked there and he was getting a candy bar from a machine. He had to lean against the wall as he tried to bend over. We were talking and somehow, we got on the subject of retiring. He stated when he turns 65, and retires, he plans to take 3 months off before getting a different job. This ole guy appeared to be closer to 80 than 65.

            What else did I do yesterday, I went on line looking for a device, (and I did not know the name of said device) that would make it easy to screw two pieces of wood together at a 90-degree angle. After a long search I found said item. Being on a fixed income, I quickly learned I could not afford the item. End of search.

            With nothing to do, I watched it rain, and we did need the rain, heck we had some good rain and mostly it has soaked into the ground with little runoff.

            My first wife and I went to the cracker barrel for our evening meal. We learned that we could no longer have the lunch portion of the turkey and dressing, we now had to have the full portion which cost $3.00 more per meal.

            I explained to management that we were old and did not have the extra money to pay.

            I also explained to management that my first bite of the turkey was like trying to chew a rubber band. That did not seem to impress her.

            I then noted to the manager, that there was no gravy on the dressing, and the wait staff told us they were running out of gravy, and it would be about 20 minutes. We were finished eating in 20 minutes. The manager noted that they should have had the gravy.

            I then explained to the manager, my fruit flavored tea was supposed to be sweet, and it was not. They gave me a to-go fruit flavored tea, and it was almost sweet.

            I also noted that other tables had a lamp but ours did not. The manager said that the general manager had lamps in a storage building but has not brough them all back yet.

            With nothing else to do, we sat in the chairs at the Homestead and watched TV for a while.  Now you see, we did nothing yesterday.

We hope you have something to do!

Senior retired person who is bored to tears, Don the Ford

No comments: