Translate

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Day of rest... 04/11/2021

            Yes, today is Sunday, a day of rest for many. I don't know our complete plan for resting this fine day, but my spouse of 52 years wants to get some photos of the grand kids near the blue bonnet flowers. The grand kids may not be into this but Granny is!

            The grass in the front yard is very tall and it needs to be mowed today. I was able to mow the back 40 yesterday, after working more than 6 hours on a scrap wood project. The back 40 is mowed using the riding mower so I was off my ole feet for a while riding around and around.

            Being retired person on a fixed income, I don't have a shop to work in, so I use the back 40 as my shop. The back 40 use to be ok for working when the big tree had leaves and provided shade, which it isn't doing now! 😐 I do have a photo of the shop.

                                                           

            This scrap project began earlier in the week, and yesterday cost me money. Scrap wood projects are more fun when you don't need to go to the bank and get a loan. I needed about 6 more screws (I had to by a box) and I needed some additional wood (I bought 8 boards) and now I owe the bank $30.00!

            If you want to be a good Christian person and help the poor, we will accept cash donations to help with the repayment at the bank.

            Well, I hope this day of rest makes my poor ole body feel better after all that grueling work this week. The project is complete and in place, but not yet loaded with all that good stuff.

            Mowing the front yard is considered as resting, right?

 

May your day be warm and sunny, may your coffee be the right temperature, may your nap be the right length, and may your spouse be extra thoughtful!

 

Senior hard working retired person who will rest while mowing, Don the Ford

No comments: