Translate

Friday, April 9, 2021

It rained 04/09/2021

            We had a storm last evening, and it started just after we got home from the cracker food place. The rain started in a lite fashion and grew to a very heavy downpour. Yes, there was hail in this event, it was small possibly dime size. We received almost an inch of rain in about 45 minutes.

            I had considered getting the lawn mowed today and I was considering turning the sprinkler system off so the grass would be dry enough to mow early in the day. The rain took care of that. I might get to mow the front yard later today, if the next storm system doesn’t happen. Yep, they are predicting the possibility of another stormy afternoon. Mowing the back yard is out, there is water standing in it from the storm. I had planned on watering the black berry gardens yesterday, but the rain kept me from that.

            Our neighbor fertilized her yard yesterday. They then ran the sprinkler system to help get the fertilizer into the ground. Then the rain came and again helped get the fertilizer into the ground. This morning their sprinklers are running again, I guess they may have forgot to turn them off, or they really want the fertilizer deep into the ground.

            I did some wood butchering yesterday. I am attempting to make a rack providing some shelves for the garage. I did the initial listening to my first wife as to her; I mean our needs for the shelves. I measured the area in which a rack would set, and that was where I made an error.

            I then drew up some plans to scale, and recorded my bill of materials. I wanted to use the scrap wood if possible. I then got the chop saw out and did a bunch of adjustments in order to make the first cuts. I basically put in most of the day measuring and cutting the scrap wood.

            After butchering the wood, I brought it to the garage and temporarily place some of the parts together, so my spouse of 52 years could get an idea of what it should look like. She looked at it and said it is too big for the area.

            I then secured a tape measure and check the amount of room for the rack. My first measurement was incorrect. It was off by 6 inches.

            After the tears subsided, that means reduced for that one reader, I began to get out some of the needed tools to correct this error. It wasn’t too bad, I only had to remove the 6 inches from 6 boards. I then stopped for the day.

            Tired, almost unable to walk or talk, I drug myself into the homestead, where I was reminded that we were going out for the evening repast. I sprang into action washing some, not all the dirt and dust off me, and putting on some clean clothes.

                                                THE END

Where to start work today, who knows!

Senior person who is over worked and sometimes enjoys it, Don the Ford

No comments: