Translate

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Another cool morning 04/22/2021

            Just another Thursday, the temp is cooler than normal, but not too cool.

            My spouse of many years purchased some cinnamon rolls yesterday. Seeing the cinnamon rolls reminded me of Manske rolls. We use to get Manske rolls many years ago. The Manske roll was a big cinnamon roll, with a pad of real butter on the top. When you warmed the roll up, the butter would melt into the roll, "It was so good!" I think they still sell them but I don't know where.   It was just an ole memory, ole people have ole memories.

            I have a word that I doubt that any of you have used in a while, and I believe that one reader (we all know who you are) has no idea what this word means. The word came to me as I was reclining in my bed this morning.

            I find it interesting that my brain, actually works while I am reclining in the bed. Maybe when I stand up, the blood can't make it all the way up to my head, and without any blood, there are no thoughts.

            Anyway, the word is scold, or scolding. When was the last time you were scolded? Possibly a long time ago, although, I do get my share of scolding's daily, from the Homestead CEO. Yes, it can be very hurtful.          look it up if you don't know the meaning.

            I did get outside for a while yesterday afternoon. As a prolific reader of the Don's Blog, one should know that I had cut down some bushes a few weeks ago. What one might not know, there was still small stumps of 4- or 5-inches tall, protruding from the earth. I have tripped on these little hard to see stumps several times, so I decided to remove them. Sounds like an easy job and it would have been, if I had the Ford's ole ax. The Ford's ole ax has been loaned out, which means it was somewhere other than here.

            I have a small cross cut saw with an adjustable handle, so I dug some dirt away and use the saw. Tres would take each piece as I cut it and carry it away. That wasn't so bad as he was depositing them in the same place, so when finished I walked over to his depository and reclaimed the pieces of wood. 

            I also picked out the location of the Ford's soon to be, "#3", black berry garden. Plans at this time have it as, "16 feet long and 4 feet wide". I will need to move the kids ole swing, a two-person job, and the ground will need to be tilled up. I gave the tiller away, maybe I can borrow it back. The garden will have an 8-inch wall around it, so on top of the tilled-up ground I will need to put some potting soil and top soil. Donations should be in bags of top soil or potting soil, not money, as I don't what to have to go to the home store and get the dirt myself!

            If the green berries in #1 and #2 gardens, all turn black, and if the birds stay away, we will have a bumper crop again this year. We are supposed to get possibly an inch of rain tomorrow, if so, that will help the berries. Hail is also a possibility and that will not help the berries!

            We have some birds feeding in our back 40 and I got a photo. The squirrel must have taken the day off allowing the birds to dine.


                                               

            After all this work, I need a break. TTUL (Talk To You Later).

 

May you be blessed with much kindness!

 

Senior retired person who needs a short break, Don the Ford

No comments: