Translate

Saturday, December 22, 2018

A cold winters night 12.22.18

               I have a photo that should confirm the title line, “a cold winter night”. In truth, this photo was taken Thursday evening about 5:30 pm. And winter did not officially begin until yesterday, December 21st.
               Tres and I had ventured outside for a breath of air, and to allow him to relieve himself. I must remember to take the poop scooper over to the neighbor’s yard as Tres likes to defecate there. As I turned to head back into the Homestead I looked up and saw what I thought was a wonderful winter moon. The temperature outside is rather cool, down in the low 50s, so it not only looked like a winter moon, the evening felt wintery. The moon looked as if it is almost a full moon.
                                                
               Yesterday was (reportedly) the shortest day of the year, maybe that is why the schools let all the kids out after only a half day. Two shorts, the winter solstice, and half day of school. Most people do not have the ability to see these reasoning’s, so I feel the need to report what I see to you, the reading public. 
               Alex is having a party at school today. My first wife and I plan to attend. School gets out at 12:00 today, but if you attend the party you can sign the kid out at 10:30. Then we will need to determine whether Alex and I go somewhere for lunch or not. I wonder if Alex has money for lunch. No, the first wife would not go with us, as Friday is her day to shop. 
               We arrived at the school and all the parking spots were taken. We took a parking spot that was identified for district staff. I became district staff, I parked there. My present spouse left her purse in the vehicle. She took her driver’s license out of the purse and I put it in my pocket without looking at it. To get inside the school, you need a driver’s license, they put the info in the computer, then it prints a pass that you stick on our shirt as an ID. There was a long line in front of us, possibly 100 people.
               After a while we worked our way up to about 10 people from the computer, when I pulled the driver’s license out of my jacket pocket. Donna had not given me her license, she had given me her credit card. I had to basically run to the truck get in her purse get her license and run back. I made it just as she was at the computer. I was surprised that no one hollered at me for seemingly, cutting into the line.
               Now the real odd thing, we handed our license to the lady and she entered our data into the computer. Donna got her ID but they ran out of paper and had to put a new roll in the machine. It printed my ID out half on one tag and half on another. The lady put the one half on my shirt then she put the other half on my shirt. We went into the building and had a good time with Alex.
               Later, at home I removed my two part ID. I told my first wife that the photo on the ID did not look like me. We took a closer look and it was Donna. They had given me Donna’s ID! She also had her ID.

               Above photo is Alex having a snack at the classroom party. Next photo is Alex on the left and his buddy on the right.

               Buddies saying so-long till school starts again.
Christmas Holiday is upon us, ready or not!
Author and editor; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: