Translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Tick Tock watch or clock 12.18.18

            I guess one could say, there are many old things at the Ford’s Homestead. I will begin by talking about one of the old objects which I am sure is older than, yours truly. I have an old pocket watch that was originally owned by my uncle Jake Ford. Jake was a railroad worker, and by that statement you should now understand that the watch was or is, a railroad watch.

            My uncle Jake carried the watch until he became unable to see due to cataracts. Being unable to see the hands on the watch, he gave the watch to his brother George Ford, who happened to be my dad. Dad was a younger brother to Jake. Dad had, and carried the watch for years. When Dad Passed the watch was given to me. 

            I would like to find a real honest watch repairman and get the watch repaired. The following photo is of the watch.

           

            If you have items that have a family history you should make notes of the history so the history don’t die with a passing.

            I have another pocket watch that my first wife purchased for me several years ago. It is a very nice watch, which may have been given to me on one of my birthdays.

            I also have another much less expensive pocket watch, a battery powered watch. I have seen a watch like this one on the internet for $9.99 and free shipping. Today I went to the Wally world and purchased a battery for this watch. The battery cost $7.50, full disclosure, there were two batteries, and I only needed one. The batteries cost two thirds what the watch cost.

            I have a Mickey Mouse wrist watch. I use to wear it when I traveled, you know when our cell phone were flip phones and we did not use then to tell time. Also, when on an air plane one could not look at the phone to get the time so a watch was still a useful tool.

            I was on a flight to Oregon, and I was sitting by a female. We struck up a conversation and at some point in the conversation I looked at my watch. I don’t remember where Mickey’s big hand and little hand were (what time it was). The female observed the Mickey Mouse watch and she said to me, “You seem to be the kind of person who would have a Mickey Mouse watch”. I have no idea if it was a negative or positive comment she was making, but I being the optimist, took it as a positive statement! If you can’t have fun don’t do it, and I see my Mickey Mouse watch as fun!

            Is anyone watching the time, do I need to be doing some work for my present spouse? It seems as if I have taken it easy most of the day today, nice!

            Tomorrow I might show you our latest candle holder. We are into Christmas decorations and I have a new candle holder for the center of the table, that is if she will allow me to place it there.

 

            Family members are a part of us, we should get along with each other. I am asking each of you to forgive and get back together. This comment is not directed at any one person, but if the shoe fits, then you should do something about it.

            Maybe you believe someone has done you wrong, and maybe you are right. I want you to be the one who goes to the other family member and makes things right. Come on people it is almost Christmas, get some Christmas spirit, I don’t mean giving a present, I mean Christmas spirit! We are supposed to love our neighbor, which also means family members.     

            What would your mother say to you? You are family, act like it!

 

Give something special this holiday season, your love!

 

Senior minister;  Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: